top of page


Preparations before coming:

What to bring:

- We ask that all students bring a passport size photograph of themselves for our records. 

- It is highly recommended that you bring your own pair of boxing/kickboxing gloves for training Sanda if you are planning to train for a while. There are gloves supplied by the school but most of them are quite old and well-used by this point (a little bit broken and have a less than desirable smell).  Good brands are TWINS, FAIRTEX, or TOP KING. Having good quality gloves greatly reduces the risk of hand or wrist injury and also makes the training much more enjoyable. Short-term students can probably get by just using the gear supplied by the school.

 - Students must also bring their own mouthguard, lots of loose-fitting, comfortable clothes for training, and if you have big feet, extra training shoes are recommended. It is sometimes hard to buy large-sized shoes in China. Warm clothes if you are coming in winter, such as long, thermal underwear are highly recommended.

 - The school provides linen for the beds but students are required to bring their own towels and toiletries (soap/shampoo, etc.)

 - Books, games, or other hobbies are helpful for passing time between classes. Also, any vitamins or supplements that you like to take during training.

 - Many websites are blocked in China and inaccessible without a VPN installed on your computer/phone. If students are hoping to use google services or certain social media sites while at the school, such as youtube or facebook, a VPN will be required to do this.

 - The most common app used in China for communication is Wechat. It is recommendable to download and install this app before arriving in China. Many students have had issues setting it up after entering China because of verification issues. This doesn't seem to be a problem for those who set up Wechat outside of the country.

 - Most places in China don't supply toilet paper (even public toilets), so it is highly recommended that students bring a roll for their trip through China to the school.

Other preparations:

 - All students must have health insurance before taking part in training. The school cannot be held liable for students without insurance, in case of injury.

 - If students are coming by plane to the school, they must fly into Changchun International Airport (Longjia), if they require pick-up upon arrival. If they are coming by train, they can go to either Siping Station or Siping East and we can arrange to pick them up from either.

 - Students should apply for a visa before entering China. Once the application fee as been paid, we can supply them with the necessary invitation letters to help with visa application. Short-term students, who plan to train only for a couple of months, can apply for a tourist visa to enter the country without any problem. If students are planning to stay for a longer time (over 3 months), they should try to apply for a student visa. The exact requirements for the visas can vary depending on which country you are applying from so it is best to go through a local visa company for help or you can contact the nearest Chinese embassy for all of the details of how to apply directly.

Additional Information:

 - The rules of the school must be followed strictly along with the laws of the country. If students fight, use drugs, solicit prostitution, engage in any other illegal behaviour, or break any of the schools rules, the school will immediately dismiss them without refund of tuition and will not protect them from prosecution under Chinese law. We are trying to build a team of hard-working, focussed individuals, with the single purpose of bettering themselves.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need experience?

 - No, you don't. We receive students of all experience and fitness levels. You will not be expected to keep up with the group in the beginning. Everyone develops at different speeds.

What are the age limits for training?

 - We have had students as young as 15, and as old as 55. If you are under 19 years old, you will need signed permission from your parents or guardians to leave your country and train here.

What should I do to prepare physically?

 - Any kind of fitness training is good to prepare. Jogging, skipping, swimming, and other cardio training is very helpful. Also. lots of stretching is beneficial. We accept people of all abilities and don't expect olympic athletes to show up each time.

Can I learn Chinese language at the school?

 - We don't offer any language courses at the school. Our school is very small and focuses only on martial arts training. Some students find ways outside of training to learn while they are here, through books or apps.

Can I train with monks in China?

 - If you speak Chinese language well, you might be able to find a place in China to train with monks. However, most Kung Fu schools do not have monks. This is something from the movies. There are no monks here, only a team of hard-working, Kungfu students.

Additional Information


Xing Long Kungfu School Chang Hu Xin Yi Men
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

Xing Long Kung Fu School

Traditional Shaolin & Tai Chi Martial Arts Academy

bottom of page